Sunday 8 February 2009

Marianna's sweetness

There were two things I particularly liked about Greece - the food and the women! This is a recipe from a Greek girl so naturally I felt it warranted inclusion! I haven't tried making it myself yet but it's not a million miles away from things I have tried e.g. apple crumble so I'm sure it will taste awesome. Also, this is the first pudding on the page, and apples are very appropriate for this; their natural awesomeness means that very little effort is needed to make them into something really special.

Ingredients:
  • 10 sweet red apples e.g. Pink Lady
  • 7 tbsps liqueur (your choice!)
  • 7 tbsps brandy
  • 1 stick of cinammon
  • 1/3 tbsp cloves
  • About 7 tbsps white caster sugar (according to taste)

Method:

  1. Peel and core the apples. Chop them into four pieces.
  2. Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan with no more than 5 tbsps water and simmer for 30 minutes on a very low heat. Do not stir them as you want to keep them whole for this particular recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment