I made these for my co-worker Fiona's birthday as I only know two cake recipes! This recipe will make about half the amount in the picture.
- 100g muscovado sugar
- 150g porridge oats
- 150g self-raising flour
- 75g crunchy peanut butter
- Milk to mix
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cream together the peanut butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Sieve in the flour and mix it in along with the porridge oats.
- Add a little milk a drop at a time and mix it all with your hands until you've formed a dough; make sure it isn't too sloppy or too dry.
- Line a baking tin with margarine/butter and kitchen foil. Form little squashed balls with the cookie mixture and put them in. Cook them in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until they're golden brown.
NOTE: chocolate chips go very nicely in this recipe; if you use them, you don't need quite so much sugar (75g will be fine). If you use normal butter instead of peanut butter then you can try other flavours too e.g. vanilla or ginger.